Friday, March 5, 2010

Things I love

There are precious few things I truly love in this world. Here are three of them:

1. Commericals that show dogs doing people things. I have no idea why I find this so funny, but anytime I see a poodle driving a car, I'm going to start laughing:




2. Raspberry Lambic. Seriously. It's like the best tasting drink on the planet, plus it's got loads of alcohol. I would drink this shit every day if I could. But then I would A) be a complete alcoholic and B) My teeth would rot out of my mouth.



3. Steak. Perfect, delicious, juicy steak. How about a nice NY strip? Here's what you do:

Go to a real butcher. Have him cut you some nice thick 1lb strips. Bring them home and them come to room temperature. Heat up the grill as high as it will go. Sprinkle some kosher salt on the outside of the steak right before it goes on the grill. Sear on both sides for about 4-5 minutes and then put them on the top rack of the grill to finish for about 6-7 minutes.

Bring inside, let them rest for about 5 minutes and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment